US Pole Sports Federation – USPSF is the national federation and the US governing body for Pole Sports. It was founded in 2014 under the name US Pole Sports Federation, and is now a non-governmental national organization constituted under US law. The Federation is a member of the International Pole Sports Federation (IPSF), the international governing body for pole sports and the host of the World Pole Sports Championships. The USPSF is part of the push to get Pole Sports recognized globally as a sport and the eventual inclusion into the Olympic Games.
The mission of USPSF is to regulate, administer and develop Pole Sports for the benefit of millions of athletes at every level and age in the USA.
- To advance, promote, and protect the character, status and interests of Pole Sports across the USA.
- To work alongside the IPSF to develop standardized rules governing regional competitions.
- To enforce Codes of Conduct and Standards of Ethics for both athletes and officials.
- To advise and assist the USPSF Regional Member Bodies and the Associate Members in the administration of Pole Sports in their regions and organizations.
- To represent the USA and Pole Sports in the Olympic Movement.
The USPSF amends its governing documents regularly, reviewing the Statutes and complementing the Competition Rules with pertinent codes and regulations in line with the IPSF.
Democratic describes the style of governance and the structure of USPSF. The USPSF General Meetings hope to eventually elect the committee. On the operational level, the Managing Committee – made up of the President, First Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary General and Sports Director – tends to the day-to-day running of the federation. The committee is supported in its task by the standing commissions, by advisers and consultants, and by the administration.
We hope to educate and inspire the public and future athletes in the benefits of Pole Sports and competitive pole. Our goal is to assist the IPSF by working with the US government to gain sporting recognition for Pole Sports.